Associate Marriage and Family Therapist
The Associate Marriage and Family Therapist (AMFT) will provide office-based therapy services to clients ages birth to adulthood. Therapeutic services will include assessment, individual therapy, family therapy, case management and advocacy in the community. The AMFT will have the ability to build rapport with clients, outstanding judgment and boundaries, excellent communication skills and thrive in a fast-paced work environment. The AMFT will be responsible for carrying a case load of 32-40 clients, as well as provide written documentation of all client, family and case management contacts and will be required to meet all Medi-Cal documentation standards (training will be provided).
- Masters Degree in Psychology Marriage and Family Therapy
- California BBS Registered Intern Number
- Effective time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, willing to be a team member and supportive colleague
- Flexibility and can do attitude
- Excellent verbal/written communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong computer proficiency, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Electronic Health Record
- Must have a valid CA drivers’ license, clean DMV, and criminal clearance from DOJ
- Completion of Student Practicum
- Knowledge of Theoretical Orientations: (i.e. Attachment Theory, Emotion Focused Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Narrative Family Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy)
- Experience working with children, adolescents, adults, families or clients in crisis
Salary is DOE. Benefits include supervision (both individual and group), medical, paid holidays and PTO.
*** Due to the BBS change in supervision requirements we are not able to hire MSW’s.*****
Please send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]