Associate Marriage and Family Therapist or Associate Professional Clinical Counselor (AMFT or APCC)
Are you looking to gain your clinical hours in a private practice setting? Central Valley Family Therapy might be the right fit for you.
The Associate Marriage and Family Therapist (AMFT) or Associate Professional Clinical Counselor (APCC) will provide office-based therapy services to clients ages birth to adulthood. Central Valley Family Therapy clinicians are trained to specialize and work with children, adolescents, infant- mental health cases, couples, adults, and perinatal mental health.
Therapeutic services will include assessment, individual therapy, family therapy, case management and advocacy in the community. The AMFT or APCC will have the ability to build rapport with clients, outstanding judgment and boundaries, excellent communication skills and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
The AMFT or APCC will be responsible for carrying a case load of 30-35 clients, as well as provide written documentation of all client, family and case management contacts and will be required to meet all Medi-Cal documentation standards (training will be provided).
- Master’s Degree in Psychology with an emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- California BBS Registered Intern Number
- Effective time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, willing to be a team member and supportive colleague
- Flexibility and can-do attitude
- Excellent verbal/written communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer proficiency, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Electronic Health Record
- Must have a valid CA drivers’ license, clean DMV, and criminal clearance from DOJ
- Completion of Student Practicum
- Knowledge of Theoretical Orientations: (i.e. Attachment Theory, Emotion Focused Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Narrative Family Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy)
- Experience working with children, adolescents, adults, families or clients in crisis
- Supervision (both individual and group)
- Medical benefit plan
- Paid sick time
- Annual training budget to attend conferences, specialize, and gain CEU’s
- Weekly Billing Bonuses for maintaining an active caseload
*** Due to the BBS change in supervision requirements we are not able to hire MSW’s.*****
Send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]